Future paths & passion

Having successfully completed three-quarters of my internship, here is a post on what I currently think about my future career goals.

I am an undergraduate student exploring different fields and possible career paths. With two years left in my current curriculum, I am inclined towards applying for job opportunities. The next question that arises is - what kind of job? This is the question that I keep asking myself every single day. I haven't been able to pin down a job, community and numerous such questions. I have started to explore possible career paths and FOSS is one of them. Outreachy has helped me understand the Open Source world. Outreachy has introduced me to the OpenStack community. Having two years left in my curriculum, currently, I am applying to different programs similar to Outreachy and trying to figure out what interests me!

After completing my degree, I want to work on a full-time job. But for now, I am willing to work part-time. For a part-time job, working remotely seems the best idea. Working 3 months remotely as an intern has given me ample knowledge and skills on how to collaborate and work smoothly in spite of being remote with huge time differences. I would definitely love to continue working with OpenStack, the work culture and community here makes me feel comfortable and motivated for contributing more. Being not very sure about what I want to work in the future, I just know now that I need to explore progressively and keep on learning!

Pursuing a job is not enough to shape one's career. Learning and developing new skills is the most important part of the career. I always want to learn new things and in my future career as well, it is important that I keep on developing my existing skills along with learning new things. Networking is another necessary career aspect. I am working on how to approach someone and get to know about their work, community, and career. This is the best way of creating more opportunities for yourself!

Highly inspired by this quote, I am in quest of my best interests and the job that suits them,

"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."

Comments

Popular Posts