THE MIDDLE MILES & EXPECTATIONS

This blog post is at the midpoint of my internship. Being in the middle miles, I can analyze my progress, my initial plans and the hurdles faced in its execution. Here is a quick read of this analysis.

I have completed two of my tasks by far. In accordance with my initial plan during the application process, I am lagging behind which is quite expected. The reason is that I was not aware before about the difficulties and challenges that I may face during the execution of these tasks. The initial plan says that I should have been at the midpoint of the major third task of my internship. But it turns out that the plan had very high expectations.

The project goals took longer than I had expected because of several reasons. Firstly, getting equipped with the project, understanding previous work, figuring out and setting up things consumed a lot of my time. Secondly, the side tasks of the major tasks also took the time. This was not considered while deciding the plan at the start. The most important thing I realized during this half time of internship is that patience matters the most. It is okay to spend a lot of time if you are stuck but in the end, you can definitely solve the bug. Taking immediate help from the mentors shrinks your learning and confidence. Modifying the initial plans, the new plan seems to be more doable. Since the next and third task is the most important one, about implementing a voting Openstack CI job. I plan to invest a sufficient amount of time in this task and then the smaller end task with conclusions. This seems as good plan overall.
Let's hope the plan goes well!

I will be back soon :) 

Comments

Popular Posts