The Finishing Kick

" The miracle isn't that I finished, the miracle is that I had the courage to start."

As rightly said in this quote, it was my courage and quest that made me start and now I am here, at the end line of my three months of fruitful internship with OpenStack.

My takeaway from these three months includes infinite learning, overcoming all hurdles, asking help without hesitation and finally the most important- exploring numerous things. I am really really thankful to Outreachy for providing this opportunity and also leading from time to time to ensure that the interns make the best out of it.

I have learned innumerable things during my internship period. The most important among those is the confidence that I have gained. This confidence has made me believe that nothing is impossible! It helped me to have the belief that I am a good FOSS contributor and can continue this as my future career. Secondly, the technical skills which include using 'git' efficiently, finding the bug, solving the bug, debugging and many more. Apart from this, I have learned how to collaborate remotely in spite of having different time zones. Outreachy proved to be a steep learning curve and a confidence booster for me.

Speaking about my project, I have almost completed all that was mentioned in the timeline of the project during my application. There were ups and downs but the journey was beautiful and fruitful. Here is the summary of my internship work with OpenStack. My mentors helped me patiently with my work throughout the internship period. The hints and guidance from my mentors and the timely reviews from the OpenStack ironic community including my mentors were commendable. I would like to thank my mentors Dmitry Tantsur, Ilya Etingof, and all the ironic community members - Julia Kreger, Riccardo Pittau, Kaifeng Wang. Thank you ironic!

I am sharing the detailed activity report of my work - here.

Concluding the post, I would like to share an amazing screenshot which made me feel very excited and satisfied. It is the contributor's page of openstack/ironic-python-agent-builder on GitHub.

#1 Contributor to ironic-python-agent-builder 💙

Thank you Outreachy!! ðŸ’™

-nishagb

Comments

Popular Posts